Friday 14 February 2014 @ 23:17  0 stares
THE PROMISE

Storms raged like angry drunkards in a brawl
overhead, beer raindrops fall
rolling off dark skies that loom
over vulnerable, unprotected skulls

After the thunder comes the Sun.
A crack of light
A glint of hope
The start of dawn.

Beaming across once ravaged seas,-
now calm,
Spread across the horizon
Like a promise, fulfilled.

Flowers sprout across battlefields,
after the war.
Waiting for their moment to bloom,
for Spring to come.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THE GIRL IN THE MIRROR

I didn't like her- the girl in the mirror
Detest, loathe & spite
Ignite like wildfire.
Staring right in the eyes of the enemy
An old friend who betrayed me
She wasn't the person I aspired to be
A kick, spit, punch
Glass fragments smash against concrete
With a resounding sound
Begone .
I am you no longer
The pain you've caused me shall falter
Once I've pieced myself together.