Tuesday 7 January 2014 @ 15:12  0 stares
***I'm doing whichever challenges which float my banana boat so they're not in order***
Day 3-Pick one line song lyric to serve as an epigraph to our poem. Then write the poem to accompany it.

"Nothing but a vision trick under the warning light"
I grew up believing in the importance of imagination
Weaving magic into thoughts and feelings
Euphoria was a spell
Tears; salty drops of elixir

Soon everything started to blur
Lines faded; disappeared
I could no longer distinguish nuances
between love and fear

Emotions mixed in a disastrous concoction
I brewed a potion
of calamity
You were the next tragedy

I couldn't read you if I tried
You were written in words I couldn't decipher
Then it dawned upon me
You had been my latest flight of fancy

I could spend eternity studying you
Examining evidence, layer by layer
All whilst ignoring those whispers telling me
You don't exist- you were never here.

Labels: