Monday 20 January 2014 @ 19:14  0 stares
I  keep telling myself that I have this warrior façade on, that I won’t and shan’t fall in like or let boys make my hearts go a flutter but the truth is that I am awfully lonely and a bloody hopeless romantic. I’m like frayed socks out in the bitter snow. I caged my feelings but the lock is  nothing but rusty and my secrets are spilling out like reckless debris.  I told myself never to render myself vulnerable but I’m an open book. People read my eyes and know that somewhere along the way, I got hit by a freight train. I live for accidents because the unplanned things always turn out the loveliest. You find love in the oddest of times and sadness in the unlikeliest places. If you’re exceptionally lucky, you stumble upon happiness. But for some reason I got caught up in a thunderstorm and never quite recovered. My mind is impaled with stale hopes of me being draped in the warmth of your embrace. I’ve given up on those dreams but they never really left me. That confuses me endlessly. These days I dream of boys whose faces I can never register but whose lips craved mine without question. They never paused or stopped or hesitated. They don’t worry about whether or not I’m half mad or terribly sad or extremely bad. They hung to my every word like their life depended on it. As it turns out, I had a lot to say. I just never really found my voice. It was like having a love affair with myself and I liked the idea of being able to do something I have struggled with for the longest time. For now I’m desperate to forget you because the brutal truth is that I’m weak. I want to be strong. I want temporarily love faceless boys who love me and whom I forget when I no longer feel lonely. I want to be selfish for once because God knows it never really did me much good being selfless. I want to stop beating myself up. I want these bruises and wounds to heal because scars are the very foundation of a fighter’s existence. I am a fighter, not a train wreck. 

------Poetry Challenge shall resume soon, sorry about the hiatus- I have been terribly lazy and uninspired as of late------