Thursday 6 March 2014 @ 19:59  0 stares
The more I learn
the lesser I know
The more knowledge I amass
the more humbled I am

The universe is vast with complexities
It overwhelms me
There are so many galaxies
hidden in distant corners, undiscovered.

And I know, 
I'm merely a tiny speck
amongst gazillions of stars
embellishing brilliant blue-black skies.

My significance- virtually non-existent.
My years add up, yet, 
I am non the wiser. 
Just a tad bit more careful
when I tread on rocky paths.

My mind overworks
but my heart is still young.
Irrationality runs in my blood.
Long live the reckless.

I might understand biological concepts-
how the brain functions. 
Alas, I'll never quite understand myself.

There's so much more lessons to learn,
time will give me that.
but there is no time for us to yearn,
the transience of youth- I will never forget.