Tuesday 25 February 2014 @ 20:29  0 stares
Tick tock tick tock
goes the relentless clock
I'm growing restless with time
Wondering what is rightfully mine
Nothing I have done here
Has been worthwhile
I question my decisions
Pore over the what-ifs in disgrace
Every opportunity I've let slip past-
I recall with a bitter aftertaste.
My days here are numbered
by the hourglass.
As I age yet another year,
I look back, pervaded with fear.
I couldn't have gotten wiser
if I've foolishly repeated mistakes.
What is the point in getting older
If the conscience refuses to wake?
I don't want to be held captive
Locked in a steel cage
Confined within the bars
of repressed rage.
Bound by chains of self-doubt
Cuffed by contradicting ways.
Dig me a grave on an empty hill
Date of demise: impending
My motivation
will be the ending
I'll carve in stone.