Monday 28 April 2014 @ 00:29  0 stares
Today I don't feel quite well
I am jaded and listless
my resolve ripped in shreds
My mind is a careless mess
and all I crave is undeserved rest.

I keep running and running
outward, onward towards oblivion
straight into the horizon
Hoping not to get caught.

But they're faster than I ever will be,
they're catching up, fast on my heels
I keep my shadows tied to my ankles
but they're stepping on my feet.

Just don't drag me down, I beg.
Sometimes I delude myself into thinking
they would listen but they don't
they never did, they never will.

I can only pray they don't wrap their fingers around my neck
again and push me down with them
Dragging me across the gravel
'til I am a bloodied mess.

Pain is a wish and death is a promise
My bruises get bruises
from the thought of
relapse.